Thursday, May 14, 2009

Start with Yourself

Just want to share this simple poem from an anonymous author that teaches a simple truth; if we really want to see GREAT CHANGE in the world it should start with OURSELVES.


START WITH YOURSELF

When I was young and free
and my imagination had no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.

As I grew older and wiser,
I discovered the world would not change,
so I shortened my sights somewhat
and decided to change my country.

But it, too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years,
in one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family,
those closer to me, but alas,
they would have none of it.

And now as I lie on my deathbed
I suddenly realize;
If I had only changed myself first,
then by example
I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would then have been able
to better my country and, who knows,
I may have even changed the world.

- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment