Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Veritas846 – Live Phone Interview for Sisters of Mary School

Yes you read it right!

This morning, I received a text message from the Sisters of Mary School in Biga, asking me if I was available for an interview about Fr. Al for the Catholic Radio Station – Veritas846 (http://www.veritas846.ph/).

I replied, when? They said anytime today. Ok (filled with nervousness and excitement) was my only answer, since it was for Fr. Al, I am very much willing to share it to others even if I am not prepared.

Then after a few minutes, my cell phone rang, it was already the host confirming my interview with their program (if I’m not mistaken the program is “Barangay Simbayanan” Weekdays 9-10:30 AM – hosted by Angelique Lazo and a guest priest, this time it was Msgr. Jesus Romulo Rañada) and giving me some instructions.

She then gave me a monitor (I’m not familiar with the term but from what I’ve understood it was their way of connecting me so that I will be able to join them in their conversations) and immediately I was able to hear them.

Then they called Sr. Tess Sumalabe, they asked her some questions about the school, the institution and the students’ activities especially on the spiritual formation being given by the sisters to them.

Now, it was my turn. The host asked me what I am before I enter the Sisters of Mary School and how I was able get there. What I learned in the institution and how they helped me and how much influenced did Fr. Al and the sisters’ teachings have done in my life as well as what I’ve become after leaving the institution.

And the interview concluded by giving me a chance to speak in behalf of the graduates and the school and clarify the wrong connotation when some people hear the word ‘Boystown’.

I was touched by the comment of the female host when she learned about the school and Fr. Al as shared to her by Msgr. Rañada.

Hopefully more people especially rich Filipinos also share their wealth to the less fortunate and have a heart for the poorest of the poor as shown by a foreign priest, Fr. Aloysius Schwartz, by establishing Boystowns and Girlstowns in the Philippines and in four more other countries.

Hopefully (even if i am not prepared and it was my first time) we were able to bring the message and give a clearer meaning about the institution and its founder and give the listeners a better view of what The Sisters of Mary School is all about.

I am very much grateful to Radio Veritas, to their program and the hosts for giving us the opportunity to share valuable information about the Sisters of Mary School and Fr. Al’s charitable institution.

MabuhayVeritas846!