Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pinoy & The 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Our Australian boss in the Singapore office yesterday keep on asking us if we will watch the opening and games of the World Cup and pose an intriguing question coz he can't understand why the Philippines displays a very little interest on the World Cup which currently sweeps the planet.

As I observed at the malls here and even on fast food chains (yesterday I even managed to get one tumbler from KFC here; I simply like it and it's really nice and will be useful) World Cup advertisements thru merchandise and other stuffs scattered everywhere and even on their TV channels.

And now I stumble upon this article in the Inquirer.net which hopefully might satisfy if not totally answer his question. :)

So am I going to watch? My answer to him is simply No. I'd better surf the net or watch NBA finals! :)

Hopefully the new generation will appreciate and love this sport as well and who knows we might have our very own Philippine team (in the next 4 or 8 or 12 years...) to watch and cheer. It's not far from reality.c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment